CAMPAIGN MAILING ADDRESS:
NAME OF CANDIDATE COMMITTEE:
PREVIOUS PUBLIC OFFICE HELD:
PREVIOUS PUBLIC OFFICE SOUGHT:
HOW MUCH DO YOU ANTICIPATE SPENDING IN THE PRIMARY ELECTION?
HOW MUCH DO YOU ANTICIPATE SPENDING IN THE GENERAL ELECTION?
HOW MANY ACTIVE VOLUNTEERS ARE INVOLVED IN YOUR CAMPAIGN?
LIST ENDORSEMENTS FROM OTHER ORGANIZATIONS YOU HAVE RECEIVED TO DATE:
HOW MUCH MONEY WILL/HAVE YOU PERSONALLY CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR EFFORT?
WOULD YOU ACCEPT FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND/OR RECCOMENDATION FROM REALTORS?
MAXIMUM AMOUNT YOU WILL ACCEPT FROM SINGLE CONTRIBUTORS AND PACs:
1. One of the main issues facing government is job creation. The question is, how can the State of Michigan do that?
2. Are you interested in changes to Michigan's overall business or personal income tax structure? If so, what would they be?
3. In the past, legislative proposals have centered on major expansions of the current sales tax base to include most, if not all of the service sector. What are your thoughts specifically on the current sales taxation system and the potential of moving to an expanded sales tax base?
4. What would you do with budget surplus funds?
5. Are there any specific instances where government services should be combined or eliminated for increased efficiency or as a cost savings?
6. Proposal A of 1994 significantly changed Michigan's property taxation system. What do you see as some of the benefits and/or flaws in this current system of taxation? Are there measures you would propose to improve the system?
7. How do you feel about legislation that would mandate testing for mold, lead based paint or the condition of the well and septic system for residential property at the time of sale?
8. Michigan's foreclosure rate has stabilized but is still significant. What should be done to fight this problem?
9. Legislation has been introduced to shorten the redemption period for foreclosed properties in Michigan from six months to three months. What are your views on Michigan's foreclosure redemption period and how we can address the foreclosure crisis in Michigan?
10. What rights do you believe property owners should have in regard to dividing the land that they own?
11. How do you feel about real estate development? What are your views on 'urban sprawl'?
12. Legislation was approved that allows someone who purchases a Non Principal Residence Property after the May 1st filing deadline to immediately file their Principal Residence Exemption and enjoy the principal residence rate of taxation. Is this something that you would have/did support?
13. What are your thoughts on the elimination of the personal property tax? In addition, what would you see as proper replacement for potential lost revenue?
14. Many in the legislature are pushing to eliminate barriers to job growth and investment in Michigan. Are there any barriers that you are seeking to remove? Are there benefits to licensing or regulation?
Security Question: *
8 + 5 =
©2013 Grand Rapids Association of REALTORS® 660 Kenmoor Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
The Grand Rapids Association of REALTORS® (GRAR) is your source of homes for sale, open houses, REALTORS®, and more real estate information for the Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan area.
*57 Things to Know About Greater Grand Rapids has been provided by The Right Place