Hey Sellers… It Pays to Work with a REALTOR®!
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions regularly exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 tax problem, would you handle it without the assistance of a CPA? If you were involved in $100,000 lawsuit, would you go to court without an attorney? The same rule applies to your real estate transaction.
A REALTOR® will help you navigate the complex legal and financial world of real estate. A REALTOR® will represent your best interests and help you negotiate a winning deal. From the day you enter the market until the date of closing, a REALTOR® is on your side! A REALTOR® will do all of this while adhering to the superior standards set forth in the REALTOR® Code of Ethics (pdf).
Still not convinced? Here are just a few more reasons why IT PAYS TO WORK WITH A REALTOR®:
- Your REALTOR® can provide up-to-date information about what is happening within the local marketplace, as well as the price, financing, terms, and condition of competing properties.
- Your REALTOR® can market your property to other real estate agents and the buying/selling public and serve as your marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property through the Multiple Listing Service, other cooperative marketing networks, open houses, etc.
- Your REALTOR® can know how, when, and where to advertise your property. Studies by the National Association of REALTORS® show that 82 percent of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family, and other personal contacts.
- When your property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® can prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property.
- Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement.
- Your REALTOR® can help you close the sale of your home and deal with unexpected issues or questions that may arise (repairs, title work, etc.).
Not all real estate agents are the same:
Only real estate licensees who are members of the National Association of REALTORS® may use the term REALTOR®. REALTORS® proudly display the ® logo on their business cards and other marketing materials.
WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT? REALTORS® are commited to treating all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics (pdf). The Code of Ethics establishes obligations that, in many cases, are higher than those mandated by state license law.