GRAR Government Affairs Committee
It is the role of this Committee to:
- Promote service by REALTOR® members on local boards and/or commissions.
- Organize members and boost responses to MAR and NAR legislative calls-to-action.
- Inform members of NAR’s RPAC policies and issues.
- Interview candidates for elective office and ballot initiative committees (if any) and make endorsement and PAC recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Monitor and review local public policy initiatives that directly or indirectly affect the membership property rights, and affordable housing and make recommendations to the Board of Directors. This can be accomplished via a key person program or some other method as determined by the Committee.
- Host legislative events in an effort to maintain communications and rapport with elected officials (State Legislators, Kent County Commissioners, Grand Rapids City Officials, Mayors/Supervisors).
- Research and use, when applicable, the NAR Get Active program.
Paul Bunce – Chairperson
Andrew Norden – Vice-Chairperson
Mike VanderWoude – Director Liaison
Julie Rietberg, Staff Liaison