Young Professionals Network
The Future of the Real Estate Industry
In a field that is a second career for many people, younger real estate practitioners often strive for a way to connect with each other and tap into valuable resources that will help them gain business savvy and succeed.
REALTOR® Magazine launched the Young Professionals Network (YPN) in 2006 as a way to help the younger generation of REALTORS® build a stronger link with the magazine and the real estate industry.
Through networking events and an engaged YPN Advisory Subcommittee, the program gives its members the tools they need to advance their careers – and have fun in the process.
In 2013 GRAR began its own Young Professionals Network, and in the process of creating awareness for the Network and its events, also created this page as a way to convey information about upcoming events, what’s happening with YPN Networks around the country, and tidbits of information that we feel may be of interest to Young Professionals in our industry. If you have something that you feel would be of interest to the readers of this page, please feel free to share your ideas with Brittany Sheets at Brittany@grar.com.
Thanks for visiting our page, and enjoy!
Reasons To Join a Young Professionals Network
From the National Association of REALTORS®, Reasons to Join a YPN Network
The National Association of REALTORS® Young Professionals Network (YPN) is a valuable resource for those who want to build relationships with peers, advance their careers, and make a difference in their industry, community, and local association. There are nearly 30,000 participants and 275 YPN networks across the country.
Here are the top reasons why you should get involved:
- Build relationships
- Make new connections and learn from one another by attending networking events, communicating with other YPN members on the active Facebook group, and finding mentorship opportunities with influential real estate industry leaders. The YPN site makes it easy to find local YPN groups through its expansive referral network. Joining YPN opens up doors to new business opportunities and can help advance your career by making lasting connections.
- Gain industry knowledge
- Joining YPN gives you an active role in policy discussions and advocacy issues and industry knowledge to invest in your career. The YPN Lounge blog is updated frequently with the latest industry news and trends. Joining the YPN network also provides access to e-newsletters and webinars with valuable industry information.
- Develop leadership skills
- Take on a leadership role and make a difference at your local, state, and national associations by attending and networking at REALTOR® midyear and annual conferences. Nearly 100 NAR committee positions have been given to YPN members in the last year, allowing YPN members to have a voice at a national level.
- Help your community
- Get more involved in your local community by organizing volunteer projects for causes you feel passionate about and setting a high level of REALTOR® professionalism. Make connections with other members of the community and make a difference together.